App Getting Started Guide
Here's our step-by-step guide to setting up your Lay‑Z‑Spa with our app. you can control your Lay-Z-Spa pump, heating, and massage system at the click of a button on your smart device.
Before you start
Ensure that your Smart phone is connected to your home WiFi connection and Bluetooth is turned on.
- You'll need to make sure you have your WiFi router password with you.
Set up only your pump within range of your WiFi router before you set up and fill your spa (follow the step by step guide below to connect).
- To check that you have a strong WiFi signal, the wireless symbol on your phone should give you an indication.
- The more bars you can see, the better your connection. When setting up, you’ll need to be in an area of full WiFi strength.
- Once you’ve established a strong connection, if you wish to move your pump and spa to a different location, you’ll need to ensure at least 3 bars of signal.
Download the app from the App Store or Google Play Store:
Connect to your pump
- Turn on your pump using the control panel
- Hold down the WiFi button until you see the WiFi icon flashing
- Your Smart Phone should be connected to your home WiFi and Bluetooth is turned on.
- Check that your pump is in Connection Mode (WiFi symbol flashing)
- Open the Lay-Z-Spa® app and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Register on the app with all of the information required and set a memorable password. Once you’ve registered and logged in, the App will keep you logged in for convenience.
- When prompted, ensure that app notifications are allowed.
- Connect your smart device to WiFi within the app using your home WiFi password
- Ensure you have your WiFi password handy. This should have been supplied by your internet provider and is often written on the back of your wireless router.
- Once connected, you’ll be taken to your WiFi settings for your phone so that you can connect your pump to the WiFi.
- Select the type of pump you have
- Connect to your pump – it will be named ‘BW-LAYZSPA-XXXX’ within your available WiFi connections.
- The password will be ‘123456789’
- A notification will pop up asking you to tap to complete the onboarding process and take you back to the app. If this doesn't show, manually switch your screen back to the app again.
- Your smart phone should now try to connect to your pump
- Once connected, you’ll be taken to the app’s control panel where you can begin using your app!
- You can now control your Lay-Z-Spa® from anywhere at the touch of a button or using voice commands.
Too relaxed to move? Use your voice to control all aspects of your hot tub with Amazon Alexa.
Here you'll find some handy tips and tricks in setting up your Lay-Z-Spa on Alexa, making it even easier to control your spa.
- Enable the Lay-Z-Spa Skill - In your Alexa app, tap Skills in the menu and search for Lay-Z-Spa. Tap Enable.
- Link Account - Enter your Lay-Z-Spa username and password and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Talk to Alexa! Start controlling your Lay‑Z‑Spa by talking to Alexa!
Once connected to either Alexa, use the following commands to initiate changes for the status of your spa.
‘Alexa, using Lay-Z-Spa…’
- Mobile data charges may apply
- Performance on WiFi out of our control Lay-Z-Spa are not responsible for any electric or water bill charges as a result of usage of the app.
- The performance of your WiFi connection is unfortunately out of our control – please contact your provider for further assistance regarding this.
- Lay-Z-Spa are not responsible for any electric or water bill charges as a result of usage of the app.
- The Lay-Z-Spa WiFi App is for use in the UK only.
- Please note that the Lay-Z-Spa app only supports 2.4GHz WiFi router configurations.
- 5G mesh network router configurations do not typically work well with this app and are not officially supported.
- Some 4G internet providers including Three and Smarty are incompatible with the WiFi pump.
- The connection between your home WiFi and the pump may not be stable unless it is in an area of full WiFi strength.
- Please note, we will not refund or compensate users for periods when the app is unavailable or does not work due to the reasons listed above.
You can connect as many devices as you like to a pump, however you cannot connect a device to more than one pump at the same time.
- Check that your pump is in connection mode
- You should see a slow flashing green/red WiFi LED on your pump control panel. If this isn't what you're seeing, please refer to Step 1 of the connection guide.
- Is your internet working?
- Your spa requires internet access to connect. If your internet is not working please contact your provider.
- Check your WiFi Password and Network name are correct.
- If you are unsure whether you have the correct details consider using a friend’s phone to be sure.
- Are you in range?
- For initial setup we recommend moving the pump alongside your WiFi router then gradually move it away. If your pump is out-of-range there are a number of WiFi extender products available from your local computer store.
Make sure you have your WiFi password handy. This should have been supplied by your internet provider and is often written on the back of your wireless router.
Please follow the ‘Forgotten my password’ instructions on your app. Simply add your email address that you registered with and you’ll be sent an automated email with instructions on how to create a new password.
Your pump is now in connection mode and ready for you to start the process of connecting to WiFi.
There is an error in connecting your pump to WiFi. The pump has the WiFi connection details but is unable to connect. This may be a problem with your router or as the result of changing your home wireless router password or changing set up.
Once set up and your pump is connected the WiFi, you can use your smart phone from anywhere to control your spa! From home, the office or your car, you can make sure your Lay-Z-Spa® is set up and ready for when you need it most!
If you change the name of your WiFi name or password, you will need to go through the re-connect process again.
- Remove your current spa from the app.
- Hold down the WiFi button for 5 seconds until you see a slow flashing LED.
- Restart the connect process using your app.