Lay-Z-Spa® is part of the Bestway® family, and Bestway® take sustainability seriously. Bestway® understands that innovation is key to unlocking circular practices. Bestway® relentlessly researches new ways to minimise environmental impact and maximise clean energy. They collaborate with global partners to implement and discover the best methods to utilise green solutions for achieving a more sustainable future.
When it comes to production, Bestway® strives to be sustainably responsible by making use of renewable energy and recycling waste materials. This requires product design that considers not just how objects will be used, but also the materials they’re made of, and their disposal.
Bestway® has been on a mission to transform materials within packaging by replacing non-recyclable plastics with greener options. This includes switching, in places, from foam EPE to recyclable corrugated cardboard and more sustainable PE and PET material.
Bestway® values transparent action and recognises that continued efforts are needed to reach new milestones in environmental sustainability and resource conservation. Bestway® continues to focus on five key areas: energy, solar, waste, packaging, and biodiversity & plantation in order to contribute toward creating a safer environment for everyone to inhabit.
- Goal: 10% solar energy by 2025
- Currently generating 2.7% of energy from solar
- 17,000 sq ft of solar panels equal to 12 football fields
- Goal: Reuse or recycle 100% of solid production waste by 2025
- Currently, 99.7% of production waste is reused or recycled
- Waste is divided into 38 recycling categories
- Goal: All plastic packaging changed to recycled/recyclable plastics by 2023
- Bestway boxes, including Lay-Z-Spa®, are 100% recyclable and use 90% post-consumer recycled material
BIODIVERSITY & PLANTATION
- 6 agroforestry projects with over 1,500 trees planted in Africa and South America
- 481,000Kg of CO2 absorbed by 234 trees planted on factory sites.
- Urban beehive project with 5 beehives adopted to house 30,000 - 40,000 bees in each
Bestway® has been continually recognised and awarded as leading suppliers for corporate action on climate change. For the last five years, Bestway® has received top scores and recognition for energy use practices and are proud to share that all environmental efforts have been widely recognised through an array of awards:
• Selected to share Sustainability video in Walmart COP26 exhibition booth, November 2021
• Awarded “Influence Award on Climate Impact” in 2020 by CDP
• Awarded “China 2019 Top Performing Suppliers on Climate Action” by CDP
• Awarded “2018 Influence Award on Climate Change Mitigation in China” from CDP
• 4th Highest CDP ranking among all participating Chinese suppliers for 2018 results
• Awarded “2017 Leading Supplier for Corporate Action on Climate Change in China” by CDP
Bestway®'s commitment to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals is the motivation to take positive action. Bestway® is a member of a GC3 workgroup that place a focus on the reduction of Plasticizers in collaboration with other major retailers and industry players.
Bestway® voluntarily participates in the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) which measures the energy use and efficiency of our six factories, and in recent years has implemented seven energy-saving projects aimed at reducing consumption and increasing efficiency.
Bestway® is determined to contribute towards a sustainable planet for everyone to inhabit; so you can enjoy the products you love with the peace of mind that they help safeguard our environment.